Friday 23 October 2015


SNOOPY/PEANUT COMICS



I'm so excited about the Peanut movie coming out!  You can see the preview of the movie

http://www.peanutsmovie.com

I have always loved the adorable Snoopy and Charlie Brown.  My love of comics has been recently enhanced when I started to set up my library for my new program for struggling readers called the H.E.A.R.T (Have Every Age Read Together) Reading program.  Comics have definitely become a great addition to this library.

In preparation for the Peanut movie I have made a free Snoopy Reading Record.
You can find this record on

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Snoopy-Reading-Record-2142969


Also some colourful bookmarks that will certainly delight young and old.


Another product I have made with the Peanut/Snoopy theme is Editable Peanuts Comic Strips.  This product will definitely motivate some of my reluctant writers in your classroom.  Providing graphics organisers gives those students a great start to the writing activity/task.   There are many different templates available in this pack so it can be used with different age groups.  Some of the comic strips have the characters and I have also added some text that you find in the original Peanut series.  There are blank comic strips with accompanying characters to cut and paste on the sheets or students can draw the characters if they prefer.



https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Comic-Strip-SnoopyPeanut-Templates-for-Writing-edible-2156015

Comic strips help to teach students to think visually.  They make reading and writing fun. With comics students can be creative and unique.  Visual representations provide many learners a way to understand and be able to express themselves openly.  Comics therefore provide an interesting and different stimulus for writing activities with many different age groups.  Comics can also be  used to demonstrate the use of speech marks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you!